RESOURCES AND LINKS
For most people, preparing for a stay in a short-term rehabilitation center, or a long-term nursing home, is a new and unfamiliar experience, filled with many questions and uncertainty. Below is some information you may find helpful in preparing for your stay, or the stay of a friend or family member.
What to Pack and What to Leave at Home.
Bring at least one week’s supply of washable loose-fitting clothes including:
- Three pairs of pants/shorts and shirts/blouses (pullover)
- Four pairs of underwear and socks
- Slippers with nonslip soles
- Outdoor jacket or sweater
- Sweat suit (if you have one)
- One pair of comfortable walking or athletic shoes
If needed, also bring:
- Dentures with adhesive
- Hearing aids with batteries
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Walker, cane, wheelchair or crutches
Leave valuables at home. This includes jewelry and items of sentimental value. Bringing photographs of family, friends and pets is a wonderful idea!
Important documents to download
Franklin County Home Care Corporation www.fchcc.org, Turners Falls, MA
Better Breathers Group, Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Greenfield, MA.
For information, call 413-773-2303
Community Health Center of Franklin County, Turners Falls and Orange, MA
Alzheimer’s Support Group, FCHCC, Turners Falls.
Click here to request information
Drug Watch advocates for people to make a stand against prescription drugs that have harmful side effects and medical devices that cause damage.
Mass Executive Office of Elder Affairs, Boston, MA
Social Security Administration, Greenfield, MA
Members of Franklin County Chamber of Commerce