Poet’s Seat Health Care Center offers
- Specialized long & short term skilled nursing care to encourage each resident’s maximum level of functioning
- Compassionate and understanding Respite Care
- Physical and Occupational therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology
- The Pulmonary Center at Poet’s Seat
- A carefully maintained and tastefully appointed 62-bed, privately owned facility
- Joint Commission accredited as an high-quality care provider
- Medicare and Medicaid certified
- Medicare Advantage plans accepted
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Health New England (HNE) plans accepted
- New England Geriatrics psychiatric services
- Social services
- Discharge planning
- Daily recreational and therapeutic activities
- Registered dietician services
- Meal choice program
- Meals served in an attractive dining room
Led by a dedicated team of physical, occupational, and respiratory therapists, our rehabilitative services are tailored to ensure resident success. Our rehab program, which also includes speech pathology, range from intensive one-on-one sessions to groups sessions to specifically-designed support groups.
In a nutshell, our rehabilitative offerings include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology
- The Pulmonary Center at Poet’s Seat, our integrated, inpatient pulmonary rehabilitation program
Poet’s Seat Health Care Center provides in-house rehabilitation for our short-term and long-term residents. Our rehabilitation therapists give each resident the highest quality therapy, and specialize in individualized occupational, physical and speech/swallow therapy five days a week.
We treat residents with various diagnoses including:
- Orthopedic-total hip replacements, total knee replacements
- Neurologic-Parkinson’s, strokes, multiple sclerosis
- Cardiac-coronary artery bypass surgery, coronary artery disease
- Respiratory-pneumonia, CHF, COPD
Our emphasis for short-term residents is to maximize their safety and independence in order to be discharged home. Our long-term care goal is to achieve the resident’s highest level of independence and to train members of the team for continuity of care.
The Poet’s Seat therapy program includes:
- Community re-entry and home assessments
- Family and caregiver education
- Developing self care skills
- Gait, transfer, bed mobility and wheelchair mobility training
- Strengthening, range of motion, and balance activities
- Cognitive retraining
- Wound management
- Orthotic and prosthetic fitting and training
- Seating and positioning
- Speech/language therapy and use of communication aides
- Swallow retraining
- Utilizing adaptive equipment
- Modalities to treat pain, edema, wounds and contractures
- Sensory re-education
The rehabilitative therapy staff works integrally with our caring team that includes our residents and their families, our social workers, nurses, doctors and activities staff, to ensure the best quality care is given. Together, we are able to achieve the residents’ potentials and strive to discharge them to the safest environment possible.
Poet’s Seat Health Care Center is proud of its compassionate and highly skilled Respite Care Program.
We will work with you and your physician in order to obtain a:
- List of medications and treatments
- Diet and list of any restrictions
- Short term goal
- An estimated length of stay, and
- A potential discharge date.
For residents who would need or benefit from a three (3) to thirty (30) day stay, we are here for you. Our goal is to offer our home to you, the caregivers, families, and friends. This program is carefully designed for those individuals who need continuous support and nursing care.
Please contact us to discuss this unique opportunity with our Admissions Director or Director of Nursing